Wednesday, November 6, 2013

This one's just like the Reliant Robin...

Not to be exclusive of other options, I stumbled upon this little nugget. It's the FreeWheel attachment that mounts onto your footrest of your wheelchair. I had no idea this thing existed until after I got my Trekinetic K2. I saw an individual using one and thought, "wow, that's kinda neat but, um, yeah no."

It is kind of neat. It's an add-on so, you'd have to have it with you if you had plans to be out in the wild. And you have to attach it, so I'm guessing you'd have to do it when you're not in the chair. So I guess, if you have a chair already and hey, you want to go a little off
the beaten path, this is an option. However, you don't have beefy back wheels and you still have the littler wheels that could get caught on stuff. ...and you're not as stable in the front when turning as Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear demonstrates here.

What's your take on this add-on?


You can like the Facebook page to get notifications when I post, as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment