Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Don't judge a book...


While one might assume that because the Trekinetic K2 (top right) has these bad-ass wheels and really kick-ass profile that it is strictly for off road/down-hill racing, that's not entirely true. This chair is totally rad and built for getting everywhere, but it is also built for everyday use.

This is totally a "don't judge a book by it's cover" scenario. I've definitely come across people that have said, wow...is that a newfangled recumbent mountain bike? Or, hey, I have similar wheels on my mountain bike.

Now, interestingly enough, I did get this chair primarily for its outdoor versatility, but I also did get it to replace my twenty-year-old, beat up Quickie (similar model to the yellow chair, top left). I can see that there are similarities to the specific bicycles shown here. There is a specific road bike and a specific mountain bike.

There is a difference, though, in that with wheelchairs, you use them all the time. You sit in them day in, day out; whereas with bicycles you only use them for certain time frames. I mean, yes, there are certain chairs that you might only use for certain situations. For instance, rugby/basketball chairs are too modified to use everywhere or racing chairs are only used for road races.

I must say, hopping in the K2 makes the day much more enjoyable and nothing stands in my way.

(Trek bicycles are only used as representations of all road/mountain bikes and I do not mean to show any allegiance to the brand).

No comments:

Post a Comment