Sunday, November 24, 2013

Murderball

Maybe it's my uncanny resemblance to Mark Zupan, with my long goatee and all. Maybe it's my bad-ass, unique wheelchair. Maybe it was just the EMS sales associate trying to put his only knowledge of the active handicapped individual to good use. He said, "do you play Murderball?"
I said, "no, I use this amazing chair to go for hikes in the woods. Why else would I be shopping at Eastern Mountain Sports?" Needless to say, I went there to purchase a new Murderball outfit. I like the lightweight clothing and their amazing wicking ability. :P

Seriously, though...just because someone is disabled and in some wild looking chair, don't assume what the person does with the chair. It's not like all sports car drivers cars ever see a race track, or all SUV drivers drive off-road.

I could play Murderball. I am a quadriplegic/tetraplegic, so yeah I could. And I think, however, that if Murderball came out when I was in my late teens...I'd be all over that court. Sadly, quad rugby didn't get its start until a little later. Ah well...maybe I'll get a late start.

Can't you tell the resemblance? It's uncanny!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment